4 months ago
The part you’ll play
* Fully comply with the Company’s Security and H&S policies.
* Terminal Access Control.
* Check freight and mail in and out to include weight and volume checks as required.
* Load and unload freight and mail as required.
* Complete documentation to record details and movement of freight and mail.
* Load pallets & containers to carriers’ standards.
* Receive and load dangerous goods and adhere to IATA / carrier regulations.
* Ensure freight is allocated to correct carriers and destinations.
* Provide customers, airline representatives and officials with a high standard of service.
* Give co-operation, where required, to officials from HMC, DEFRA, CAA, Police etc.
* Carry out bond checks and housekeeping duties as requested.
* Adhere to UK Department of Transport security regulations.
* Work within the Company Health & Safety guidelines.
* Abide by Company regulations.
* Adhere to MWC code of conduct and maintain discipline.
* Adhere to all legal requirements including Health & Safety issues.
* Ensure that items of Company property and equipment are properly maintained and protected.
* Ensure you comply with the Company uniform standards.
* Maintain Warehouse and Restroom to required standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
* Report immediately all accidents involving personnel and/or property.
* Carry out other duties that may be deemed as necessary by the Company.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Cargo Handling expereince required.
* In depth knowledge and understanding of all concepts and procedures required to fulfil the duties listed above.
* Forklift Licence required.
* Full DVLA driving licence required.
* Experience in all aspects of working within a cargo warehouse.
* Trained to a sufficient security level to be able to carry out warehouse functions.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
* JD- Cargo Handler.pdf (366.83 KB)
* Apply NowPlease apply via the Apply button