26 days ago
About the role:
We are looking for a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) Quality Engineer to join our team based in Brisbane. Reporting to the CAMO (VAA) Quality Leader, you will play a critical role in maintaining and improving the VAA CAMO's CASA Part 42 Quality Management System (QMS) and its documented procedures.
This role requires planning, preparing and conducting of quality assurance audits and following these, managing any issued corrective or preventative actions, along with Vendor assessments (as required).
A day in the life of the CAMO Quality Engineer includes but is not limited to:
* Audit interfaces, including Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO - External) and CAMO (Internal) audits and preparation of same to include detailed audit plan and scope
* Processing findings, corrective and preventative actions in the airline's safety database (Intelex)
* Conduct vendor assessments and approvals, as may be required
* Be in a position to travel both Interstate and Overseas as necessary
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in maintenance and engineering operations airworthiness auditing and vendor assessment in an aviation environment.
Experience working flexibly, under high pressure and within a team to drive results is a must. As an auditor your ability to be analytical and identify root cause(s) of the deficiencies discovered is essential.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of:
* CASA regulations and standards applicable to the Virgin Australia Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)
* IOSA standards and recommended practices as applicable to the IOSA aircraft maintenance (MNT) section
* Quality auditing processes in relation to continuing airworthiness management and aircraft maintenance in a high capacity RPT environment
As you will be liaising with various stakeholders, both internal and external, the ability to demonstrate high level communication skills and positively influence/educate others at all levels will be essential for your success. Your People interaction/interface and Communication skills are essential to this role, as is your resultant report writing capability.
If you are a champion of better and are ready for your next opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you. Please ensure you select the apply button below to submit your application.