Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Cabin Safety Engineer
Our client is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. They serve a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
To support the design and approval of aircraft interior modifications in the generation, review and approval of certification documentation in order to show compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
• Report to the Certification Manager.
• Work with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft interior reconfiguration projects.
• To be a technical focal for certification issues relating to Interior Integration and Cabin Safety for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications being undertaken by our client.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to show compliance with relevant regulations including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• To work with junior members of the engineering services team in order to provide working knowledge and experience in EASA Part 21 and CS-25 as well as other relevant requirements.
• International travel to customer and supplier sites in order to attend meetings, workshops and conduct test witnessing will be required. Occasionally this may be at short notice.
• To communicate with the key design organisation personnel (HoDO, HoOAW) and, where appropriate, regulatory authorities, in order to discuss certification solutions and approaches taken by our client.
• To work with the design organisation to maintain, develop and improve the company Design Organisation Handbook and associated procedures for the maintenance and potential increase in scope of Design Organisation Approval.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry in a certification or similar role. Current or previous authority as a CVE in a certification based discipline preferable (please state what authority and when lapsed on application)
• Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of EASA regulatory and relevant aircraft interior CS-25 requirements.
• Able to demonstrate analytical skills and an ability to interpret the available regulatory and advisory materials in order to meet project success criteria.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and showing of compliance with EASA requirements.
• Familiarity with FAA/FAR requirements and the US/EU Bilateral Agreement advantageous.
• High level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing one’s own work.
• Capability of leading a team in order to meet defined goals in line with agreed budgets and timescales.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
Minimum Degree and/or at least 10 years' experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.
-Salary: Competitive plus benefits,
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: United Kingdom, Surrey
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.