VHR is currently looking for experienced buyers to support the supply chain department within our prestigious client's MRO situated in the UAE.
Please note this is a temporary position with the view to become permanent after 6 months.
The Buyer will be responsible for effectively sourcing and executing the purchase of materials and services to meet company operational, quality and ethical requirements and standards. You should be confident in managing relations with suppliers to ensure efficient & cost effective supply is achieved with continuous improvement to meet the material planning & operational requirements.
* Responsible for purchasing material and services to meet material planning and operational requirements and in line with supply chain targets.
* Responsible to ensure that suppliers meet the agreed lead-times and adjust order and shipping priorities to match material planning and operational requirements.
* Undertake parts procurement from OEMs, distributors and approved sources that provide the best quality at the best value ensuring material release certification and relevant documents are as per QA and Airworthiness requirements.
* Obtain quotes for uncontracted materials & services, prepare price analysis and recommendations, evaluate and negotiate price, payment and delivery terms, identify cost saving methods (credits, rebates and discounts), and negotiate warranty conditions and lead times with the goal to achieve optimum benefits/savings.
* Floating of tenders for goods & services in efficient & appropriate manner ensuring compliance to company policy. Prepare bid analysis and work with stake holders to ensure optimum benefits and savings to the company.
* Utilize appropriate selection of shipping methods to match operational criticality and reduce overhead costs where possible.
* Ensure AOG/Critical priority parts are procured& shipped in the shortest possible time to meet material planning & production requirements.
* Review open and overdue orders to ensure progress/follow up and escalation of non conformances internally and externally as required to ensure optimized vendor performance.
* Evaluate potential suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability and selection variety in consultation with material planning and QA, ensuring compliance with TPM & export control regulations.
* Review and manage vendor performance for improvement.
* Responsible for timely clearance of receipt discrepancies and invoice queries in accordance with Supply chain targets.
* Timely update of order status on the audit trail to ensure visibility of latest order status to material planning and operations.
The successful candidate will be required to work a rotating shift pattern as per the business requirements.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and have the relevant experience VHR would be pleased to review your application so please apply online today!