Job Title: Business Unit Quality Manager
Based in : - Cwmbran
Vacancy Description Company Profile
Working for a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft as well as helicopters, a key player in air safety
Our client designs, certifies and assembles innovative, personalized and high added value products for First, Business and Premium Economy aircraft cabins. The division focuses on high end products and supports its airline customers throughout the product’s life cycle
As a company of wellbeing and commitment, our client ensures your knowledge, entrepreneurial spirit and aptitude are developed to give you the greatest chance of achievement in what you do. Our four values our core to our day to day operations, and form part of the reason for our success. As we continue to advance and grow our business this is an exciting time to be on board with us
Purpose • Be the Quality lead for the Business Unit and a key member of the Business Unit Director’s first line.
• Lead the quality strategy deployment for the Business Unit and be the Voice of the Customer to drive the team to work collaboratively to improve all aspects of the product and production process.
• Lead and motivate multifunctional teams in making step changes to business performance through structured Quality activities that improve the performance of all areas of the business
• Ensure the BU team are trained and adhere to our portfolio of Quality approvals including AS9100, and EASA airworthiness accreditations and requirements
PEOPLE: Develop, mature and optimise the Quality team
- Establish and maintain a structure which supports all products and platforms
- Develop a multi-skilled, flexible and versatile team
- Manage resource deployment in order to satisfy business needs
- Work collaboratively with the BU Leadership to ensure adequate resources to support planning forecast
- Establish individual and team development plans, flowing down the Hoshin Kanri into objectives and actively managing individual’s performance
- Interface with customers on all Quality matters and be able to deputise for the VP of Quality in front of the customer if required.
PERFORMANCE: Improve Quality performance to world class levels
- Establish and maintain timely and effective quality feedback loops
- Source inspection to Quality inspection points
- Quality inspection points to Operations
- Establish and maintain feedback loops to capture external failures – use this data to drive continuous improvement in inspection activities and operations, where applicable
- Establish and continuously improve quality kpi’s (COPQ, failure rate etc.)
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams / projects to drive improvement workstreams within the Business Unit in order to reduce defects and engage the customer to garner support for delegation / specification changes as required.
PROCESS: Develop standard processes and work routines
- Develop and lead an improvement journey aligned to the Quality strategy for the Business Unit.
- Develop and lead an engaging process forum to enable the Business Unit to both implement and improve the business processes applicable to the area.
- Develop and lead Quality and Improvement visual management activities across the BU and within the Quality team assigned to the BU to engage and motivate on the key issues.
- Setup, train and support the implementation of Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC) across the BU.
- Represent the company as required during meetings with customers, regulatory and approval bodies
- Support Customer driven Quality activities in the UK and overseas by phone or personal visit as required
- Budget ownership and control for the Business Unit
- Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position
Key Requirements, Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree Level in an Engineering Discipline or similar preferred
- Must have strong communication skills and to be able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to motivate and lead multi-function teams in a demanding production environment.
- Experience in Quality Management within Aerospace is essential.
- Ideally candidates will come from an Engineering/Manufacturing background
- Knowledge and experience of working with Part 21/Part 145/ETSO/CAA/EASA regulations and requirements is desirable
- Working knowledge and experience of AS9100 Rev C is desirable
- Must be innovative and highly motivated and ready to drive change throughout the organisation
- Working knowledge of Kaizen, 6s and Lean activities
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of MS Office Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc
- Communicating with and presenting information to Senior Management
- To liaise with and support other departments within ZSUK
- Customer & Regulatory Authority representatives