29 days ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
This role is responsible for providing insightful, strategic advice to the Virgin Australia Airlines Group Executive and Senior Leadership Team on issues which have a material impact on the future direction of the company.
Recommendations will be developed by applying a structured, hypothesis based approach to challenges arising from any area of the business. Key areas of focus are expected to include corporate strategy, revenue improvement, cost optimisation, merger and acquisition advice, business & operating model design, process efficiency improvement, business planning and innovation.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager to lead this team of experienced management consultants, coaching and mentoring the team to develop and build a strong consulting and advanced analytical tool set. Other responsibilities will include:
* Communicate and promote the team's value proposition by forming and maintaining senior level relationships across the Senior Leadership Team.
* Identify, prioritise and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to apply the team's analytical and business skills
* Lead the development of the scope, approach, governance and deliverables for strategic, cross functional or complex projects undertaken by the team
* Provide oversight of project deliverables, including the quality of insights created, the accuracy of analysis undertaken, clarity of messaging and ensure deadlines agreed with client business areas are met.
Who you are:
A strategic thinker. You lead and achieve long term business strategies that add value, based on a deep understanding of critical success factors
A motivator and inspiring leader. You motive and develop a strong team while inspiring them to think outside the box and innovate ways of working.
An influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose, collaboratively engaging with internal and external stakeholders understanding relationships are key
An Analytical thinker in decision making. You advocate for analytics and insights in decision making and can see the bigger picture through the lens of commercial outcomes.
What you’ll need:
* Experience as an Engagement manager or similar at top tier Management Consulting (tier 1),
* A background in Strategy development and business planning
* Demonstrated experience of working directly with C-level executives and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of leading, developing and coaching a team of experienced management consultants
What you’ll get from us:
You will get the opportunity to work for the Business Transformation function which supports Virgin Australia to meet its strategic outcomes through the delivery of sophisticated insights, analysis and reporting. You will support Virgin Australia by identifying, evaluating and assisting in the delivery of initiatives across the Group.
If you are ready for your next challenge and ready to be a part of the Virgin Australia Business Transformation team then we welcome you to submit your application now!