4 months ago
Business Development Manager
Specific Job Description [JP]
Support the development and execution of the Cyber Solutions market segment strategy reporting directly to the UK Business Development Director.
Evaluates and reviews consumer research, point-of-sale and syndicated data. Reports findings for major marketing, distribution, and manufacturing proposals and their impact. Develops and applies advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as an expert in field. Participates in the development and implementation of new products, re-launches, new business building programs, sales rationale, etc. May also participate in presales or sales meetings to review proposed plans. Functions as liaison between customer and business. Provides and/or initiates sales analysis affecting distribution, spending as it relates to volume, brand promotional strategy, and selling tools. Build and maintain relationships with key Cyber Solutions customer communities within UK Security and Defence and other related Government Agencies and Departments.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Development of specific cyber market segment strategies, secure resources and management commitment to ensure successful execution.
* Creation and management of metrics to monitor business growth objectives.
* Leverage company resources to support customer requirements, gains a competitive advantage and fosters business growth by using a comprehensive understanding of Lockheed Martin products and services and customer insights.
* Ability to conduct market analysis and develop new business growth strategies.
* Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organisation on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
* Leads internal review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Lockheed Martin resources.
* Ability to effectively work within a multi-functional team.
* Clear and effective communication skills and effective inter-personal skills
* Knowledge of UK Government, European and NATO acquisition processes, stakeholders and markets.
* Background in Government Cyber (programme execution and/or business development)
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Business Strategy and Business Growth/Capture experience
* Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives.
* Assignments are often self-initiated.
* Virtually self-supervisory.
* Experience of production of commercial proposals
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.