2 months ago
Business Development Intern
Specific Job Description
Support a dynamic and challenging European team within the international branch of Lockheed Martin in a variety of projects and events covering skills in marketing, data analysis and business development.
This can include:
• Assisting the Vice President’s team with managing a robust planning process for Lockheed Martin Europe and updating and maintaining information regarding the business environments of covered regions;
• Supporting accurate and consistent customer engagement and documenting this data through stakeholder mapping for key customers and programmes;
• Regularly communicating with international team members and consultants in order to coordinate projects;
• Managing the guest list for key European events, including issuing and tracking invitations.
Projects can range from every-day tasks regarding key documents to directly participating in the briefing, trip logistics and documentation for large events for senior leadership.
The successful candidate will report to the Director Western Europe & NATO and will be offered the opportunity to provide support across the full range of responsibility of LMI Europe, including assisting with preparations for trade shows such as the Paris Air Show and Defence and Security Equipment International.
There may also be the chance to attend shows and events as part of the role. Training will be provided.
The international team in London is small and fully supportive and a perfect environment to develop key skills for the future.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good communicator at all levels.
• Creative and enthusiastic with energy and commitment.
•Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence and leadership combined with ability for working in a team environment.
This vacancy requires all successful candidates to be processed for a HM Government security clearance, which stipulates, at a minimum, that the applicant must have been a resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.