Business Aviation Account & Business Manager - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 06-07-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
UK, Europe (non-UK)
Our client is one of the fastest growing aviation training companies worldwide and they are now seeking excellent sales candidates who can fulfill a sales function in the business aviation sector. ...
Business Development Account Managers 20 days ago
Brookwood has several vacancies for most advanced and respected composite engineering business in Europe. Our client manufactures a range of complicated and challenging components and assemblies, a...
Aviation Market Analyst 21 days ago
The Jet Business is the world's first ever street-level corporate aviation showroom for the acquisition and sale of private jet aircraft and ancillary services. At The Jet Business, we provide a f...
Project Engineer Aviation 19 days ago
KDC Resource is seeking an experienced project engineer to join their client in the northern Home Counties area to work transfer a key project R&D into Manufacture. The role will be predomantaly b...
Our customer is a world leader in the provision of global mobile satellite services for use on air land & sea based platforms.
Due to a period of growth the need to appoint a Business Aviation Account & Business Manager has been identified.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
This position is part of a small but focused business team responsible for meeting company revenue targets from the Commercial Aviation vertical market within the Enterprise Business Unit.
The role will be required to drive overall market adoption and revenue growth for the company Aviation portfolio services (measured through increase in new sector penetration, growth in traffic) in the Business Aviation market segment. An additional key task for the role is account management of key Aviation distribution partner(s).
- Overall responsibility for meeting financial targets (revenue, margin) and addressing business growth and development opportunities. Specific emphasis is given to identifying added value solutions opportunities that provide incremental margin opportunities and support the sale of company developed solutions and airtime from the Business Aviation segment. The role will require close, effective working relationships with the company's Aviation partners.
- Manage key distribution partner relationships for the Aviation business and Business Aviation segment. Devise DP account plans and targets for those partners and develop and execute DP-specific business development and market entry tactical plans including participating in proof-of-concept projects, establishment of reference sites and development of case studies for the industries and solutions in question
- Develop, and enhance, pre-existing channel relationships (distribution partners, service and solutions providers, UT Manufacturers)
- Establish a detailed understanding of the target sectors and determine how best to introduce the company's Aviation portfolio to the channel
- Promote/sell the value proposition to the channel.
- Manage practical demonstrations of company Aviation systems and applications to prospective customers and distribution partners. Develop practical applications guides and user information to assist users of company systems and services
- Planning and executing collaborative marketing with DPs for the selected target industries and market segments e.g. Large Cabin/Intercontinental aircraft, SB200 market segments and Helicopters.
- Monitoring and evaluating product/service performance by markets and regions and pursuing strategies to promote overall business growth
- Some administrative and project management duties related to market Development Activities
- Wholesale and Retail partners - the role is responsible for achieving business objectives from both the wholesale (DP) and retail (SP) side of the Aviation business, and is expected to develop and grow the Business Aviation business via both routes to market. The role will involve management of 1-3 distribution partners directly plus the need to achieve effective working relationships with other DPs and SPs.
- The Government Aviation business is managed by other Divisions but there will be a need for Aviation-specific support and expertise of Government partners and opportunities nominally managed by other BUs or Divisions.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- This role requires a talented, self-motivated market development manager with an engineering or technical background, who has previous experience in the Aviation segment, particularly business/general aviation.
- Proven experience within the area of data communications, Information Technology and solutions in the aviation sector,
- Proven experience working with the industry segment (business, commercial or military aviation) preferably in the communications/technology side.
- The role requires a competent individual who can form effective relationships, manage and drive the channel partners, while having the technical and commercial capabilities, to assist them to succeed.
- Develop new opportunities and new initiatives and implement the programmes - start to finish.
- Proven ability to sell value-added solutions, voice, data and IP airtime to corporate customers
- Strong knowledge of IP applications and data solutions
- The ability to understand and develop market forecasts, budgets and interpret a wide range of statistical and financial information will be an integral part of the role.
- The role requires someone with very strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working across functional boundaries with small, dynamic team of professionals.
- The working language is English and the role requires a high level of communication skills and charisma to give presentations, influence specialists with targeted segments. Additional foreign language skills are highly desirable, as the role will require working with partners and customers across the globe. The company operates in an international environment, with a multi-cultural and multi-national work force, partnership and clients.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of mobile satellite and cellular industry; familiarity with company products and services would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in dealing with tasks relating to practical mobile satellite link installation and applications
- Working knowledge of industry standard IT tools and applications.
- Foreign languages
Sphere Of Influence of the Position:
The job is integrated within the Aviation Business Unit of the Enterprise Division. Coordination is also required within other divisions of the company particularly Partner and Commercial Relationships.
This position comes with an excellent renumeration package.
Contact Simon Portway for full details.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in the EU will be considered.
Regrettably only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Salary type:||Annual salary|
|Salary Details:||inc package / bonus|
|Job Categories:||Office | Safety Engineer | Software Engineer | Systems Engineer|