The Baggage Handling Duty Manager is responsible for all issues related to baggage handling operations on a shift basis. This role is responsible for ensuring safe, efficient and smooth baggage handling operation from customer experience, OTP, and equipment, systems & facilities availability and reliability perspectives. The Baggage Handling Duty Manager is also responsible for providing leadership, guidance and suppor to all baggage handling personnel on a shift basis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Support monitoring and control of the BHS O&M Contractor's operation & maintenance service level.
• Ensure execution of agreed regular maintenance activities in accordance with BHS and HBSS provider guidelines.
• Regular communication with other HIA departments and stakeholders to resolve baggage related issued and problems.
• Ensure production of baggage statistics to the HIA management as well as production of incident reports, shift reports and safety reports.
•The successful candidate must hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields from an Accredited University .
• Must have a minimum of 3 years operational experience at Airports/ Airlines Ground Services / Ground Handling.
• At least 1 year of experience in a hub airport would be an advantage or over 3 years of supervisory experience in T&C or O&M Team of BHS in similar sized airport.