Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Aircraft Engineer – B757
Our Client leads the world in private and business aviation services. Operating from multiple centres in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we have an unrivalled reputation for safety, reliability, and operational excellence.
This role supports the operation of the aircraft from a minor (and where required Major) maintenance perspective (including defects), project manages resolution of complex technical issues with OEM support. Traveling with the aircraft the person in the role manages maintenance operational issues, preparing the aircraft for flight and post flight, working closely with Flight Crew. As travelling in the Cabin the role also requires a highly positive interface with VIP passengers for example assisting with IFE.
When not in the operational role the Engineer is required to support continuing airworthiness management in conjunction with Fleet Management at Farnborough and to attend maintenance inputs as a Technical Representative
- Provide the highest level of maintenance expertise on assigned fleet types
- Reports to the 757 Fleet Manager or Head of Fleet Management for maintenance and technical matters and rostering.
- Reports to Lead Pilot of 757 for Crew Operational and Customer Service issues.
- When rostered on respective trip technically manages and despatches the aircraft in terms of Part 145.
- In order to despatch aircraft, procures parts required via contracted Part 145 or by alternate means as acceptable to the Continuing Airworthiness Manager.
- Ensures required Engine Health monitoring and Flight Profile data for Engine Life and health monitoring programme is transmitted in a timely fashion to the contracted organisations that manage and report these items.
- Ensures completed maintenance documentation returned to CAMO provider.
- Liaison/attending meetings where required on technical matters with contracted support organisations and OEMs to deliver the best possible outcome to technical defects including Cabin systems and seating.
- Inflight monitoring of the IFE and assistance with staff or passengers with IFE issues.
- Supports the Technical department in assessment of AD’s, development of Maintenance and Reliability programmes
- Ensures the Tech Director, CAM & Compliance Dept. are notified of any unusual maintenance related events (including raising occurrence reports when necessary)
Ideal candidates profile:
- Essential - B1 licenced and type approved on 757-200 Rolls Royce powered.
- Ability to maintain CRS approval for ETOPS release of B757-200
- Good understanding of EASA Part M requirements
- Ability to interpret and understand regulatory and technical documents necessary to deliver role
- Prepared to travel extensively and spend long periods away from home.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to provide superior service on board to VIP passengers
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Computer literate and strong numerical skills
- The right to work in the UK without restriction
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Fluent in English, both written & read
- Flexible and performs well under varying demands and workloads
- Proven problem solving skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in Engineer roles in VIP operation
- 2 years’ experience as Certifying Engineer on Boeing 757
- 6 months minimum in a Customer Service role
- Hold a UK B2 EASA Part 66 license and CRS approval on Boeing 757-200
- Previous experience of AMOS or similar Computerised Maintenance Control System.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!