Harrods Aviation is a widely recognised leading company in the General (Private) Aviation industry. We are committed to employing the very best individuals who can demonstrate and deliver the very highest level of customer service.
The B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer’s post is responsible for the conducting and maintaining the standards of aircraft maintenance. Responsible for overseeing the work on aircraft and ensuring this is carried out in a safe and correct manner to company Procedure.
The post is a hand’s on role and will require that the incumbent actively tales part in the aircraft maintenance.
The B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer will ensure that any enquiries from customers are managed through to completion providing regular feedback acting when necessary as first point of contact.
The engineer will actively be invlved in both Line and Base maintenance and will have a pro-active and flexible approach and will at times be expected to work away from base.
In addition to the maintenance aspects of the job, the B2 Licenced Engineer will also have an administration function and is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the company procedures.
- Ensure the hangar hand over book is completed daily.
- Audits of the Hangar and Facilities in accordance with Company Procedure as requested by Senior Engineer.
- Assist with planning scheduled maintenance.
- Inspire and lead the non certifying, lower grade staff ensuring they are motivated and encouraged to full satisfy their responsibilities.
- Ensure the effective completion of any delegated tasks during maintenance activities.
- Ensure the allocated task is complete with the allotted time scales.
- Ensure that the completed tasks are being recorded correctly onto the worksheets and the time recording is accurate.
- Ensuring that customer’s approval for the work/rectification to be carried out has been obtained and that payment terms, are agreed.
- Ensure that customer’s approval for the purchase of spare parts up to the agreed limits has been obtained.
- Liaise with other trades and departments within HAL or external Companies as necessary to initiate or complete the assigned task.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance.
- Notify the Quality Assurance Manager or the nominated representative of any defect or incident, which will affect the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Respond effectively to due lists highlighting, test equipment and tool calibration and or inspection validity expiry dates. In doing so has responsibility for ensuring that all test equipment and tools in use are within calibration and/or inspection validity.
- To take ownership of problems and deal with them in a professional manner.
- To assist with the training and development of the staff.
- To ensure that a safe and just culture is encouraged in the workplace.
- Ensure aircraft maintenance is kept up to date as per the due lists.
Certification and Legal Responsibilities
- Be conversant with the Company Procedures and have a good understanding of their content and work within the boundaries of the procedures.
- Ensure all work carried out by staff under their supervision complies with the Regulatory Authority and Company Procedures in force at the time of the work carried out.
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly before the shift ends and a detailed hand over of any work in progress is completed.
- Monitor the quality of work accepted by the certifying engineers to ensure that Company quality standards are being adhered to.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the staff working under their supervision obey to the Health and Safety regulations in force at the time of the work being carried out i.e. use of safety goggles, safety harnesses etc.
- Ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping of the hangar and workshops are maintained at all times.
- Safety procedures are adhered to for the task in work i.e. safety barriers, warning notices, staff positioned around the area for function checks etc.
- Assist as necessary in the completion of RA's.
The responsibilities of this role demand that the jobholder holds a full unrestricted B2 License. Preference will be given to those applicants holding type ratings on any of the following: Challenger 300/350, 604/605 and/or Global Express type aircraft. However aircraft type training will be provided for the right individual as required. If you do not have the required qualities, please do not apply as your application will not be considered.
The engineer will be required to demonstrate currency with regard to certification of maintenance, and must have current up to date HF training.
Familiarity with modern 'Avionic' systems such as integrated cabin systems and software loading is essential and person must be fully p.c literate.
Experience in performing wiring modifications would be very beneficial.