We are currently recruiting for an Avionics Technician for our aerospace and defence client based in Farnborough. This is initially a 6 month contract with a view to start the successful candidate asap once interview stage and other checks have taken place.
The High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) "Zephyr" is a new and state-of-the-art solar powered ultralight weight CFRP Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications.
A number of new roles are being created for Skilled Manufacturing Technicians/Fitters inside the HAPS Operations team. The scope of this role is to manufacture to time, cost and quality the new HAPS Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment to fulfil the HAPS Global Business case.
The successful applicants will report to the HAPS Operations Manager and join the TUMZM business unit in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Avionic equipment installation, wiring and system integration of UAV platforms.
- Manufacture of avionic in-house components as required.
- Maintain build records.
- Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
- Self Certification of work completed
- Continuous Improvement of the production system
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery.
- Interfacing with MRO / Spares and Repairs teams as necessary.
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Time served apprenticeship in avionic manufacture / installation / test.
- Hands on multi-skilled practical avionic engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aerospace production quality standards
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products.
- Demonstrated Experience pro-actively solving technical problems.
- Experience of "Hands on" production of avionic hardware and wiring installations.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks.
- Conducting and recording of installation and system tests.
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility for own task package.
- Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on manufacturing progress, issue and ideas for improvement.
- Able to coach and mentor new team members.
- IT Skills appropriate for the role
- Academic Qualifications in an electrical engineering discipline