AVIONICS DESIGN ENGINEER
As part of the continued development of the Zephyr platform and opportunity has arisen for an Avionics Design Engineer to join the team. Working as part of the client Defence and Space team, contributing to the ongoing performance improvements of the world record breaking Zephyr Platform. This position is focussed on the design improvements to the extremely lightweight structure capable of persistent flight in the stratosphere.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
Working with Systems Design Authority you will be responsible for:
* Requirements specification for Avionics subsystems
* Full-lifecycle analogue and digital circuit design, for harsh thermal and radiation environments
* Electronic component selection in accordance with requirements
* Qualification and traceability against requirements
* Unit testing of Avionics system
* Accountable to the Avionics Lead Engineer HAPS
Qualifications / Proven Ability:
The successful candidate's experience and skills will include the following:
1. Full-lifecycle analogue and digital circuit design, for harsh thermal and radiation environments
2. Electronic component selection in accordance with requirements.
3. Experience of UAS or Space system quality standards (ECSS, DO-214, or similar).
4. Experience of electronic and RF test equipment, setup and use.
5. Knowledge of communication theory and methods.
6. Capability and experience in some (or all of the following) is desirable
o Multi-layer mixed signal PCB layout using CAE. (ALTIUM and ORCAD preferred)
o PCB manufacture and test methodology.
o Environmental testing for High Altitude/Space.
o Embedded software development (8051 or similar)
o Experience of requirements capture and management
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN AVIONICS ENGINEER WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)