6 months ago
Department: Procurement & Aircraft Trading Department
Reports to: Airport & Ground Services Procurement Manager
* Context :
* The Procurement & Aircraft Trading Department (APD) is a centralized organization within the Cathay Pacific Group responsible for end-to-end procurement of strategic products and services for Cathay Pacific group airlines. Its mission is to create sustainable and recognized stakeholder value through procurement excellence.
* APD is structured by major category of spend, including : Aircraft Trading, Powerplants and Engineering Services, Customer Experience, Information Technology and Corporate Services and Services & Operations (Airports, Ground Handling, Accommodation and Fuel).
* The Services & Operations Procurement team is comprised of 4 sub-category teams:
* Airports (Airport Charges and Commercial Agreements)
* Ground Handling (Passenger, Freighter and Ramp)
* Fuel and Fuel Services
* The Position:
* The position will be responsible for improving procurement productivity and value delivered in the category by collaborating with internal client departments to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supply relationship management expertise. The Assistant Manager Airport Charges & Ground Infrastructure will work with head-office client departments, outport teams, airport authorities and external suppliers on projects related to the Airport and Ground Services categories: the total aggregate annual spend within these categories exceeds HKD 7 billion.
* The business categories supported by the Assistant Manager Airport Charges & Ground Infrastructure include Airport Charges, infrastructure and 3rd party hotel suppliers. A key component of this role will be to ensure the effective management, performance and value delivery of Cathay’s outsourced provider for all hotel procurement across the global network as well as managing relationships with global airport authorities. The successful applicant may also be involved in other projects as required.
* Supplier relationship and performance management of outsourced service providers ensuring that committed value and initiatives are delivered in line with company expectations and forecasts
* Business partnering with internal business units (Flight Operations, Inflight Service Delivery and Airline Planning) effectively managing key stakeholders to ensure that Cathay’s commercial and operational requirements are met
* Support the category manager in the effective implementation and delivery of the category strategy with a view to implementing lean and effective procurement across the business and realizing value-add opportunities
* Negotiate preferential terms with airport authorities in new and existing locations to ensure that network development decisions are rewarded with the best commercial terms
* Attend and input into regulatory consultation meetings pertaining to airport charges, ensuring that pricing proposals put forward by airports reflect accurate cost based pricing.
* Collaboratively work with IATA on global positions for airports on the Cathay network ensuring that Cathay’s views and needs are represented in any external/formal communications.
* University Graduate. Business- and or aviation-related degree an advantage.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant commercial experience in a relevant environment.
* Strong background in Procurement. A relevant professional qualification an advantage (e.g. CIPS)
* Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation, and contract management.
* Knowledge of airport economics and operating models and/or ground operations is desirable.
* Experience managing outsourced travel management companies an advantage
* Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams at multiple organisation levels.
* Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines.
* Effective leadership and change management skills.
* Numerate and with good computer skills; knowledge of Ariba e-procurement system an advantage.
* Willing to travel overseas as needed.
* Fluency in English required.
* Developing Professional Expertise
* Commercial Acumen
* Planning and Organising
* Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Application Deadline: 13 Oct 2017
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.