9 months ago
Cathay Dragon (Former Dragonair) is the sister airline of Cathay Pacific Airways, the world’s biggest international air-cargo carrier. It has been operating flights between Cambodia and its hub of Hong Kong, the busiest cargo airport in the world, for more than 20 years. To cope with expansion in Cambodia, we are now looking for a qualified Cambodian National for the position of Assistant Cargo Manager:
Job Title : Assistant Cargo Manager
Port : PNH
Job Grade : Level B
Reports To : Country Manager – Cambodia
1. Cargo Sales & Marketing
1. Be responsible for all areas of cargo sales and marketing from offering customers the right product solutions to following up for post-shipment customer service matters.
2. Create and implement the Cargo Business Plan to achieve all targets set by Cargo Head Office, Regional Office and Country Manager.
3. Organize regular sales meeting with cargo agents to develop partnerships and grow the business.
4. Manage performance against set targets by assigning specific tasks and providing appropriate support and resources for the team to meet set goals.
5. Gather market intelligence and use all available data to drive innovation with regards to marketing and sales strategies, gaining market share, securing new contracts and improving on existing processes.
6. Encourage and motivate team members to continually look for sales and revenue maximization opportunities
7. Be responsible for all customer services areas. Ensure that our cargo team and ground handling agent are well equipped to provide a premium experience and deliver Service Straight From the Heart to our cargo agents and direct shippers
8. Investigate all damaged cargo and tracing cases and ensure follow up with all parties concerned
9. Ensure that all team members conduct their duties and roles in full compliance with the company’s antitrust policies, corporate procedures and required code of conduct.
2. Operational performance
1. Ensure that all operational activities run smoothly and efficiently, that they conform with the required safety and security standards, and that they meet all company, local authority, international aviation, and legal requirements.
2. Develop and implement strategies and action plans to improve operational performance.
3. Ensure that staff and ground handling agents are competent in handling all disruptions and are able to operate under normal and contingency situation, providing service recovery when necessary
4. Assume position of Operational Duty Holder (ODH) for Phnom Penh. ODH is responsible for day to day management of operational performance. The ODH must:
5. Have a formal business relationship with the Functional Duty Holder of applicable services and must understand the process of risk escalation to the Functional Duty Holder.
6. Be accountable at the operational level for safe operation of applicable services and have day to day responsibility for managing operational performance, including those services which are contracted to others.
7. Ensure that there is compliance with quality standards and regulatory requirements and that service procedures and instructions are delivered in accordance with contracted terms.
8. Be accountable at an operational level for the safe operation of services, including those services which are contracted to others. IncludingTo ensure safety reporting via the means of Ground Safety Report.
9. To mitigate safety risks/hazards by following the Safety Investigation Procedure of CSV.
10. To support CSV Safety Initiatives such as Safety Campaigns.
11. ODH responsibilities for applicable services of Cathay Dragon and Air Hong Kong also applies.
12. ODH must fulfil the detailed Cargo Operational Duty Holder responsibilities, for CX and KA, as per the requirements of the “Operational Duty Holder – Port” documented in IntraCX Cargo Team Site.
3. Supplier Management
1. Be accountable for maintaining, managing, and reviewing supplier contracts
2. Communicate clearly the company’s service guidelines, operational policies and procedures as specified in the contracts to both the team and handling agents/suppliers; review them regularly to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
3. Organize regular meetings with handling agents and suppliers at different levels to discuss and provide feedback on their performance. Monitor handling agents and suppliers performance. Anticipate and give appropriated actions to ensure that handling agents, suppliers are providing their best services/products.
4. Emergency & Accident (E & A)
1. Ensure effective Emergency and Accident plans and procedures are in place to be enacted immediately following notification of an aircraft accident involving an aircraft of Cathay Pacific Airways or one of its partners
2. Be proficient in all matters pertaining to port E&A roles and responsibilities. Be contactable during a crisis situation and lead the team successfully until crisis resolution.
5. People Management
1. Set SMART goals and competencies for cargo team. Ensure that they have a clear understanding of how these are linked to department goals.
2. Ensure that each team member is provided and equipped with appropriate tools, skills, coaching, training and development programs that will enable them to succeed.
3. Conduct performance appraisals and provide effective feedback and coaching to team members.
4. Create and implement a development and succession plan for the team. Retain and engage talent.
5. Ensure that the manpower roster is prepared to maximize productivity
6. Ensure that all business is conducted with the highest ethics and integrity at all times; communicate with the team and ground handling agent on the expected business conduct expected and explain how corporate directives apply to local procedures.
6. Cost Management & Revenue Protection
1. Prepare and manage the cargo department budget. Ensure proper execution of the budget and review regularly
2. Proactively identify opportunities to being more cost effective without impacting service and quality.
3. Ensure that the team is aware of the set budget and that they manage and control expenditure appropriately.
4. Apply all credit control policies and practices to ensure that revenue is collected precisely and in a timely manner with minimum risk of debtor default.
5. Ensure thorough revenue protection measures and checks are implemented as per company policy
7. Commercial Awareness & External Relationship
1. Develop and maintain good relationships with partners, authorities, suppliers, agents and interline airline partners in the market.
2. Promote KA/CX as the most prominent cargo carrier in the market.
3. Participate actively in all official functions within the community to ensure that our branding grows from strength to strength and we are involved and consulted by airport authorities for any new initiatives or policy changes impacting the air cargo market.
8. Other items
* Any other function required or requested by Country Manager that is considered safe and reasonable.
* Support the cargo department by completing various admin tasks
Shift specific responsibilities and backup functions as required
* Talent for communication, negotiation and customer service skills
* Fluent in English both written and spoken. Chinese would be an advantage.
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Well organized and capable at managing, monitoring, and following up on tasks
* Able to manage rosters and work with over time
* Time management, timely updating/reporting
* Strong interpersonal skill and problem solving ability
* Committed to own learning and self-development
* Flexible and committed to perform other tasks as assigned by Country Manager