4 months ago
Assembly Technician - Vehicles
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Competent technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction. Competent and safe use of all hand and air tools. Hand and Mag Drill techniques. Use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies Problem solver with a positive attitude. Working with support from engineering group a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting skills with previous experience in similar roles.
* Ability to interpret drawings and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
* Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
* Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical assembly or equivalent or through work experience gained on the job.
* Cleanliness and housekeeping (5S) methodology.
* A high level of health and safety awareness.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Previous experience in armoured vehicle assembly and maintenance or heavy plant equipment.
* Prototype/low volume experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.