4 months ago
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, Asia-Pacific, and in liaison with the Asia-Pacific Regional Leadership Team (RLT), the incumbent will act as IATA’s representative in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, and will be responsible for the delivery of IATA’s agenda, the achievement of the set objectives for the countries and for the management of the country office.
* Lead, motivate and develop the Bangkok office team to deliver IATA’s agenda in the respective countries;
* Build and maintain pro-active, professional and top management level relationships with member airlines (including the local representatives of foreign airlines) and other industry stakeholders, including airports, ANSP authorities, suppliers and service providers in the assigned countries, as well as with non-member airlines in both the passenger value chain and the cargo supply chain;
* Proactively build and maintain effective relationships with politicians (e.g. legislators and in smaller countries, government ministers) and government officials, at both the policy and working levels in all relevant parts of the host government (e.g. Transport, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Environment and Trade ministries);
* Promote IATA’s policies, positions, objectives, activities, services and products amongst airlines, governments, regional organisations and other industry stakeholders;
* Monitor and report on aero-political, economic and commercial developments in the region, taking or recommending actions which are consistent with IATA’s policies and objectives;
* Work closely with the Asia-Pacific Regional Office, build and maintain strong customer stakeholder management with airlines, travel agents and forwarders; influence local ISS governance to adopt effective risk management rules for members’ funds; forecast ISS market trends and risks; and respond quickly and effectively to any market issues which may put members’ funds at risk;
* Coordinate with the Asia-Pacific Regional Office regarding the local implementation of global projects and programmes;
* Ensure corporate fiscal, legal and regulatory compliance in local countries;
* Perform representative duties in countries based on the Power of Attorney received from the Corporate Secretary;
* Coordinate closely with the relevant member(s) of the Regional Leadership Team regarding marketplace communications, especially those related to the defaults of either agents or airlines;
* Coordinate and deliver, in conjunction with the relevant members of the Regional Leadership Team, commercial and business development activities at the local/sub-regional level to achieve the regional commercial targets; Gather, and report to both the Regional Office and Headquarters, all relevant local information which may impact the aviation industry;
* Maintain good media relationships and develop (in close co-operation with IATA’s Corporate Communications department) a coherent IATA communications strategy at the national level in support of IATA’s objectives, programmes and policy positions;
* Support the organisation of IATA’s events in the respective countries and represent IATA at local and regional industry events; and
* Serve as a facilitator and host for visits of IATA’s Senior Managers and/or subject matter experts.
Qualifications and Skills
University degree in Business Administration, Political Science, or any other relevant discipline. An advanced University degree would be an asset;
Minimum of ten years of professional experience with at least three years of experience in a similar role; Proven experience in leading teams with exceptional talents for building relationships and managing projects;
Well-developed negotiation and lobbying skills, and possessing a high level of cultural intelligence;
Entrepreneurial flair, with a strong sense of commercial acumen. Prior experience in sales and marketing would be an asset;
Sound knowledge of information technology systems and their applications;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
Fluency in English is essential whilst knowledge of other languages, including Thai, would constitute an advantage.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.