Our client is a very successful short haul airline provider, based in Luton. They fly over 70 million passengers throughout Europe annually and are still growing! With this continued growth, they are now seeking a number of Airport Liaison Officers, to start as soon as possible!
You will be responsible for ensuring that customers who experience disruption receive an efficient and consistent service. You will need to be customer focussed and able to solve problems in a timely, friendly and cost effective manner.
These are permanent roles.
- Ensure a safe and compliant operation at all times.
- Be a 'Point of Reference' for both internal and external customers - handling agents and passengers - answering enquiries relating to the travel arrangements and ground handling
- Look after the handling of customers during all:
- Overnight delays
- Significant other events
- Individual disruption, e.g. denied boarding
- Ensure all customers receive the appropriate service (e.g. refreshment vouchers, hotels, transfers)
- Co-ordinate with hotel and ground transport providers to ensure customers are provided appropriate hotel accommodation and transport during disruption
- Co-ordinate with Disruption Comms Officers, Network Duty Manager and Airport management regarding customer handling, communications and passenger welfare, ensuring the airline complies with EU261 regulations at all times.
- Co-ordinate with ground handlers on finding alternative solutions for disrupted customers, booking hotels, transport and tickets where required.
- Process disruption in operations systems (e.g. process overnight delays and cancellations in eRes)
- During disruption incidents, record and collect real time information to support accurate post incident investigations.
- Produce and distribute daily reports to senior management within the organisation detailing significant disruption events from previous day's operation.
- Escalate individual customer disruption issues including disruptive passengers, and possible PR issues to the wider business as appropriate.
- Deal with Border Force and immigration requests, including deportees, prisoners, as well as immediate immigration issues.
Full job description available on request.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years' experience within an airport/ground handling operations environment
- Be able to work under extreme pressure
- Possess excellent communication and people skills
- Be PC literate. Experience of e-Res, AIMS and SITA desirable but not essential.
- Be able to work shifts and be flexible with working hours
Additional information and benefits:
- Salary: £24,000-£28,000
- Annual bonus, up to 20%
- Free parking or discounted public transport to work scheme
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 5% Pension
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position, you meet the above requirements and you already possess the right to live and work in the UK, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.