Our client is a very successful short haul airline provider, based in Luton. They fly over 70 million passengers throughout Europe annually and are still growing! With this continued growth, they are now seeking a number of Operations Officers, to start as soon as possible!
You will responsible for the day to day management of the airline's fleet, working with Crewing and Maintenance teams to deliver a safe and efficient operation of the flying program. Working as a part of an ops team, providing 24/7 coverage, each Operations Officer is allocated a portion of the fleet which they are then accountable for carrying out the function of Flight Watch and Flight Planning.
These are permanent roles.
- Ensure the airline delivers the highest possible service levels for its passengers.
- Ensure that there is clear understanding and consistent application of all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage all flights in compliance with slot and curfew requirements, thus minimising exposure to fines and legal proceedings.
- Ensure that all measures are taken to minimise disruption, ensures passenger welfare, cost optimisation and limitation of knock-on network effects.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure a safe and punctual operation on a cost efficient basis.
- Monitor weather and proactively 'Flight Watch' the airline's fleet of aircraft.
- Produce and distribute cost optimised ATC Flight Plans and proactive ATC slot management utilising the LIDO flight Planning System.
- Assist in implementing effective and efficient strategies in times of disruption to the flying programme.
- Liaise with Engineering (MOC) with regard to maintenance planning to maximise aircraft availability and to minimise operational impact.
Full job description available on request.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years' experience within an Airline Operations Department or Flight Planning/Dispatch environment.
- FAA Dispatch Licence or equivalent (desirable).
- Extensive knowledge of AIMS and LIDO systems (desirable)
- Working knowledge of EASA FTL
- Commercial awareness combined with interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to contribute to a team that strives for continuous improvement
- Good financial awareness and understanding of the safety and operational drivers within a dynamic, cost focussed business
- Ability to effectively conduct non face to face communications
- High degree of flexibility (12hr shift pattern)
- High degree of competency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a pressurised environment
Additional information and benefits:
This full-time role will be based in Luton (UK) and will be an average of42 hours per week, based on 12 hour shifts, on a rotating days/nights shift pattern.
- Salary: £24,000-£28,000
- Annual bonus, up to 20%
- Free parking or discounted public transport to work scheme
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 5% Pension
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position, you meet the above requirements and you already possess the right to live and work in the UK, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.