JSSI Job Posting
Airframe Technical Advisor – Hong Kong or Singapore
Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is seeking a well-qualified Airframe Technical Advisor to be based in Hong Kong or Singapore. The Airframe Technical Advisor works out of a home office and may be located anywhere within a reasonable distance of a major airport in Hong Kong or Singapore. NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST HAVE UNRESTRICTED WORK AND RESIDENCY AUTHORIZATION FOR HONG KONG OR SINGAPORE (i.e. our company will not be able to sponsor expatriates from other countries).
Founded in 1989, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is the world’s largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes. JSSI provides its clients with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including jets, turbo-props and helicopters. JSSI serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of technical advisors.
JSSI has always been deeply committed to providing its clients with the highest standard of service and excellence. Our management team is adding further value by developing innovative products and services and expanding into additional markets.
NOTE: GENERAL AVIATION INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. The Airframe Technical Advisor works out of a home office and may be located anywhere within a reasonable distance of a major airport within Hong Kong or Singapore.
The Airframe Technical Advisor is the primary contact for Clients and will handle their needs on routine, minor unscheduled and AOG events. Manage customer events utilizing the Project Line Specialist (PLS) to assist them in supporting events for which they need assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Heavily involved in helping plan for major scheduled inspections, in addition to, assisting with the immediate logistics as they pertain to unscheduled events
2) On-site representation, especially with respect to major scheduled inspections
3) Create Service Calls that aid in the tracking of technical data and financial forecasting
4) Develops and maintains client relationships through periodic contact.
5) Grow and maintain relationships with regional service facilities, mobile repair teams, etc
6) Research logbooks and/or conduct visual inspections for new enrollments or existing contracts
7) Review and process invoices in AMS, meeting turn time goals set forth by Technical Services Management and policy
8) Responsible for event triage, assessing and ensuring each situation is handled appropriately
9) Must have a thorough understanding of the current contract, policies and procedures
10) Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Technical Services Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
*Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Field preferred or equivalent work experience
*Airframe and Powerplant ratings or local-country equivalent is required
*Unrestricted work and residency authorization for Hong Kong or Singapore
*10 years’ experience with corporate turbine-powered business aircraft (not commercial) preferred, with particular expertise working with airframes
*Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Mandarin is a plus
*Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
*Strong interpersonal skills
*Ability to read and write articulately and analytically
*Clear understanding of relevant technical skills
*Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
* Have or be able to obtain passport and perform international travel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in this job is usually moderate.