12 months ago
Airframe Customer Service – Structure Engineer for Fatigue and Damage Tolerance (m/f)
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a Airframe Customer Service – Structure Engineer for Fatigue and Damage Tolerance to join our team in Airbus Hamburg.
Tasks & accountabilities
In this role your main activities will be:
* Analysis and validation of metal & composite primary structures (ATA52 and 53) for fatigue and damage tolerance for the entire Airbus fleet in service (except of A400M)
* Ensuring safe operation of Airbus aircrafts with respect to structural integrity and operational effectiveness
* Analysing and validating damaged metal & composite structures for fatigue and damage tolerance (F&DT) according to validated Airbus methods. Therewith it is to maintain a link to Non-Specific-Design Work teams for method and Tools implementation and the operational environment.
* Ensuring adherence to airworthiness regulations, relevant design principles, processes, methods and manufacturing capability guidelines. The Repair definition must be delivered within deadlines set by Customer Services in accordance with the airlines, in order to guarantee that the aircraft returns to service as quickly as possible.
* Creation of justification documents and the check and approval of justification documents
* Project management, budget estimation and planning and sub-contractor monitoring with quality check of the sub-contractor deliverables.
Please apply online until the 23.05.2017. Applications received after this deadline cannot be considered.
For this position we are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering
* Knowledge about AIRBUS primary structure principles and the relevant ATA chapters (ATA52, 53)
* Professional knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance principles for metal and composite structures
* Basic knowledge of static and design principles for metal and composite structures
* Good knowledge of typical AIRBUS IT tools, as: Stress tools (ISSY, ISAMI, ISAMI Xpress), Product data (Zamiz), Technical manuals (SRM /ASR / NTM / AMM / MMEL / AD / IPC / Airnav), other tools (TechRequest)
* Experience in project management
* Ability and willingness to become Repair Technical Engineer (RTE) in charge of the repair design justification and Approver for the technical content (static and fatigue)
* Cross program experience
* International experience
* Strong customer-orientation
* Innovative mind-set
* Team player
* Willingness to work on standby to cover 24/7 requirement
* English business fluent, German would be a plus.