5 months ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Our prestigious RAF Cranwell Multi-Activity Contract (MAC) provides a range of support services to RAF Cranwell. The MAC services include Management and Administration, Aircraft Maintenance and Mechanical Support Facilities, A/C Avionic and Electrical Support Facilities, Media Services, Communications Information Systems, MT Operations and Maintenance, Supply Support and Fire and Crash Rescue Services.
Serco have an exciting opportunity to join us at RAF Cranwell as an AMS Technician 1 Line Maintenance. You will be responsible to the Team Leader Line Maintenance for the correct completion of maintenance tasks both on and off aircraft.
* Able to achieve satisfactory control and completion of work allocated by the Team Leader whilst maintaining required standards of safety in accordance with current Civil, Military and Company procedures
* The necessary documentation and records are correctly completed
* Discrepancies in publications or faults with equipment are brought to the attention of the Team Leader
* The Team Leader is kept informed of the progress of work in hand.
* Carry out the duties of the Line Controller as required by the Team Leader
* Carry out tasks (including cleaning of aircraft and all aspects of aircraft handling)
* Work a reasonable amount of overtime in support of night flying and weekend flying (up to 9 weekend flying days per annum).
Qualifications & Competencies:
* Experience working on the King Air B200 Aircraft desirable
* Base and Hangar maintenance experience advantageous
* Undergone a recognised course of trade training essential
* Hold appropriate levels of approvals required to carry out the task
This job is offered subject to successfully obtaining SC Clearance. You must hold a British Passport or be eligible to hold one and have resided in the UK continuously for the last 5 years.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close