MPI have a contract vacancy for a Aircraft Stores Person for our customer based at Stansted Airport.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
• Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
• Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures.
• Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
• Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
• Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration.
• Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files.
• The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations
• Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
• To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
• Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
• Driving of company vehicles.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous aircraft stores environment
• Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Full Clean UK Driving Licence – due to location
Candidates must have use of own vehicle (due to limited public transport in the area)
Contract to start ASAP
3 Months – 4 Months
£ Please call to discuss your rate of pay requirements
Monday – Friday 08.00 am – 16.30pm
To apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill