Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting an Aircraft Painter & Sprayer (Surface Finish Technician 2) for the Surface Finish Contract at the Mount Pleasant Complex, Falkland Islands.
The role requires a focus on business goals whilst providing excellent service to numerous customers. Working to the Paint Programme and a commitment to maximising efficiency and effectiveness of support, whilst anticipating customer needs and maintaining strong customer relationships. It is desirable that you have a knowledge of working within a Quality Management System.
* Providing a range of routine Surface Finish activities to include masking, impact blasting, abrading (mechanical and manual), and coatings application on various aircraft components and Ground Support Equipment
* Compliance with all Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Aviation safety requirements, including COSHH and Risk Assessments
* Carrying out Surface Finish operations in accordance with the relevant aircraft documents set (ADS), air publications and technical drawings
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Suitability qualifications either from previous MoD service or equivalent civilian experience
* Attention to detail and an eye for quality
* Works well as part of a team
* Ability to understand and work in accordance with regulated publications
* Basic computer literacy and numeracy skills
* Full UK driving license
This position comes with accommodation and food provided and has the added incentive of offering tax free status for UK based personnel.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team onas soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.