Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco’s prestigious RAF Cranwell Multi-Activity Contract (MAC) provides a range of support services to RAF Cranwell including Aircraft Maintenance and Mechanical, Avionic and Electrical Support Facilities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us at RAF Cranwell as a Maintenance Operations Manager to be responsible for the maintenance activity relating to the KingAir B200 Fleet of aircraft. This includes both long and short term maintenance planning, allocation of resources, including manpower to task. Planning and progression of Phase Check scheduled maintenance to tight deadlines and planning for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activity in order to meet the needs of the customer in line with the contracted activity.
* Responsibility for full array of policies and procedures including SHEF and COSHH
* Line management responsibility for all licenced engineers, team leaders and phase check staff
* Empowered representation at management, planning, DASOR meetings
* Responsible for technical responses for engineering issues, including DASOR completion
* Responsible for the training programmes and assessments of competency for the engineering staff
* Liaise and assist the QA Manager and Safety Manager as required
* Production of regular reports in line with Company and customer requirements
* Deputise for Engineering Manager as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
* Understanding of Aviation Regulations and Framework
* MAOS/EASA Part 145 knowledge and experience
* EASA Part M Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of Managing Base Maintenance preferably on Multi Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft
* Working knowledge of Aviation Safety Management Systems
* Experience of planning aircraft maintenance activities
* Excellent planning skills
* Strong and significant demonstrable Leadership experience
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
* Part 66 Licence
* Minimum HND or equivalent in Engineering or a closely related discipline
* Proficient in the use of ASIMS
* Understanding of Military Aviation Operations
* Understanding of CAMO responsibilities
* Understanding of MAP Auths and previous holder of level G upwards would be advantageous.
* Proficient in the production and review of Risk and COSHH Assessments
This job is offered subject to successfully obtaining SC Clearance.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.