Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a well-known General Aviation Airport in the South of England to recruit an experienced Senior Air Traffic Engineer.
This position provides a maintenance and installation of equipment service to the Air Traffic Control (ATC) Department. You will be undertaking planned maintenance and responding to ad hoc situations as they arise. This will involve you producing work of the highest standards that meets current legislation and regulations, working with the ATC team and also with other maintenance team members and suppliers. Given the safety critical nature of the role, you will need to be available on call to attend unserviceability’s to critical equipment as required.
• To maintain, repair, modify and ensure the safe operation of ATC communication and navigation systems
• To check that all navigational and communication systems are functioning correctly and providing a continuous, safe and reliable service
• Responsible for maintaining, repairing and modifying technical equipment which includes:
1. Ground/air communications including VCCS, PBR telephone and data equipment
2. Instrument Landing System and DME navigational aids
3. Aerodrome Traffic Monitor data processing and display system
4. Meteorological sensors and display systems
5. Computer based systems diagnostics
• Ensure maintenance of current CAA Personal Technical Certificates for ATC maintained equipment at the airport
• Assist with Aerodrome Lighting and other engineering systems when required
• Demonstrate safe working practices and ensure personal safety and the safety of others
• Any other duties as required
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Planning and Organising Meets deadlines, sets realistic goals and achieves them, plans ahead to meet future goals, tracks personal progress and takes remedial action. Follows instructions and procedures, works in a systematic and methodical way.
Analysing and Interpreting Makes good decisions and shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex issues. Quickly learns new technology.
Adapting and Coping Flexibility, responds well and copes well with change, will change work processes and procedures when necessary, looks for ways to improve working methods, responds well to being asked to do different tasks or to do things in a different way. Positive outlook, adapts interpersonal style to circumstances.
Interacting and Presenting Communication skills, communicates and networks effectively. Good presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills. Communicates well orally and in writing. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others.
Leading and Managing Takes responsibility for projects/teams, works under own direction, introduces change into work processes, makes tough choices, takes considered risks, provides others with clear direction, engages, motivates and empowers. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Creativity and Ongoing Learning Produces new ideas, range of solutions to problems, sets and develops strategies, learns from success and failure, presents compelling vision for the future, embraces and demonstrates personal and team development.
Supporting and Co-operating Team work – works well with colleagues, helps other people out, consults others and listens to other people’s point of view, shows empathy. Upholds ethics and values.
Customer Focus Puts customer needs at the heart of what they do (internal and external customers), looks for ways to resolve complaints to both parties’ benefit, goes the extra mile, listens well to customer needs.
Develops and Grows the Business Continually looking for ways to maximise both current and future profitability. Fully aware of the need to balance excellent customer service with the need to keep costs to a minimum whilst also identifying investment opportunities which will lead to sustainable growth.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Full UK driving licence
• Degree or equivalent level education plus experience in electronic/electrical engineering
• For the duration of employment, it will be necessary to have a current clean Criminal Record Check and approval to have full access to the Airport from the Department for Transport following a Counter Terrorist Check
• Aviation background or suitable experience in another sector e.g. military
• CAA Personal Technical Certificate for some of the ATC maintained equipment
• Experience in maintaining electronic equipment
• Ability to contribute to the preparation of Safety Cases and Risk Assessments
WHAT WILL THE SUCCESSFUL JOB HOLDER BE LIKE?
Ideally you will have some aviation/ATC experience or can demonstrate a keen interest in and understanding of working in this sector. However, if you come to us with the right attitude and qualifications, this is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop further as full training will be in maintaining the equipment used. You will be able to work under your own initiative and after a period of training, feel confident to undertake the maintenance and installation tasks required without close supervision. This is a safety critical role which demands a high level of personal responsibility to deliver to quality standards and necessary timescales to ensure continuity of service.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Attractive salary depending on experience
• Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
• Permanent Health Insurance
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 0900 – 1730 hrs (or as required)
Some weekends/Bank holidays as required
For further information on this exciting opportunity please apply today with your latest CV.