Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Job title: Air Traffic Engineer
Location: Cranfield Airport, Bedford MK43 0AR
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary band: £30k - £42k dependant on experience.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Cranfield Airport is owned by the world renowned Cranfield University and the airport has a long history in aviation research and development. The runway is effectively an extension of the University’s research facilities.
We are currently seeking an Air Traffic Engineer who will be accountable to the Senior Air Traffic Engineer for the efficient operation and maintenance of the Communication and Navigational aids both in use and in development. This will be in accordance with their delegated duties contained within the Air Traffic Engineering Operations Manual.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you hold a current UK PTC in Communication and Navigation equipment.
* Holder of a current, valid, UK PTC in Communication and Navigation equipment.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
* Maintenance of their individual PTC and Competencies as applicable.
* Ensuring all work carried out as allocated by the senior engineer complies with company documentation, CAA & SARG procedures.
* Ensuring all work carried out is correctly documented and accounted for.
* Complying with all safety regulations and safety at work legislation requirements with regards to carrying out Air Traffic Engineering tasks.
* Informing the senior engineer of any physical or mental condition which could affect them or their quality of work.
* Inform the senior engineer of any circumstance which could affect their rostered working pattern.
* Project and system introduction tasks as necessary.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team onas soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.