10 months ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Hawarden Airport is part of the Airbus Broughton Production Site. The Airport is primarily used for shipping of large wing components to and from the other Airbus manufacturing facilities, together with staff communication flights. The airport is also extensively used by Marshall Aerospace and Aviation Park Group.
The Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) is responsible to the Senior Air Traffic Control Officer (SATCO) to provide an Air Traffic Control Service in accordance with the Serco Aviation Safety Management System, regulatory requirements and local procedures. The duties of the ATCO are contained within the MATS Parts 1 & 2 and the Air Traffic Control Operations Manual.
The nature of this work requires the post holder to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments within the Airport; with the Customer and/or Customer Representative; with external agencies, specifically regulatory bodies such as the CAA and with other relevant stakeholders.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
* Provide an Aerodrome Air Traffic Control Service in accordance with MATS Parts 1 & 2.
* Providing direction to ATSAs, MASU and RFFS staff to maintain safe and efficient airfield operations.
* Fulfil requirements of Serco Aviation Safety Management System.
* Carrying out watch keeping duties and maintaining an ATC daily log.
* To undertake this role, the ATCO must have a flexible approach and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team. The candidate should be a proactive, customer-focussed team player, who is proficient in oral and written communication.
* Control and co-ordinate work in progress in accordance with local procedures.
* Liaise with Aerodrome Authority, RFFS and based operators.
* Attendance and participation in operational and safety meetings.
* Any other duties as required by the SATCO/Contract Manager.
Responsibilities will vary according to the requirements of the business.
Certain elements of training may involve travel to external training establishments within the UK for varying periods of time
Qualifications and experience required:
* Minimum ICAO Level 4 English language.
* EU Air Traffic Controller Licence with ADI rating with a current endorsement is essential.
* Current European Class 3 medical and the ability to maintain it.
* SMS experience is an advantage.
* Other desirable skills/experience: 2 years operational experience in Class G airspace would be an advantage
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.