3 months ago
Location: Guangzhou, China
Location/Country: Guangzhou, China
Reports to: Head of Hong Kong and PRD Sales
This position is responsible for delivering the agency revenue target in PRD and extending our coverage and penetration of agencies in that area. The job holder will build agencies’ understanding of Cathay products and the Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) as a hub for trials and to develop preference. He/she will collect market intelligence and work with the pricing team to ensure we are positioned correctly in the market to maximise revenue. He/she will develop business in that market to drive airline sales.
Key responsibilities and tasks
* Deliver agency revenue target for PRD..
* Manage and extract maximum value from the relationships with agencies.
* Collect market intelligence and work with the pricing team to monetise the findings.
* Manage agency default risk and take necessary action.
* Grow MICE business through agencies and direct contact.
* Jointly manage the internal sales support team with the other managers to support agents and direct MICE customers.
* Expand agency coverage and penetration in PRD for the Cathay group.
* Educate agencies on Cathay products and the HKIA hub to build affinity and preference.
* Support managers of HKG and PRD on intermodal development (PRD including Macau).
* Manage tactical partnerships (e.g. banks).
Qualifications / Experience
* Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, of which 3 years is at managerial level
* University degree holder
* Strong relationship building and customer focused sales skills
* Knowledge of and ability to drive agency sales (Individual and Group Traffic) in PRD market
* Well established reputation with extensive network in PRD market
* Capability to provide creative strategies to win business
* In depth knowledge of MICE sales
* Experience in local intelligence gathering
* Experience in agency education and events
* Leading the Airline
* Setting Direction
* Leading and Engaging Teams
* Driving Business Performance and Change
* Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline : 19 September 2017
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.