2 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking an Advertising Sales Manager to join us in our Edinburgh office and be part of our highly distributed global team. Skyscanner is a global travel brand with a strong footprint in air travel. Our product now incorporates over 1000 partnerships with airlines and online travel agencies. You’ll be responsible for maintaining and growing our agency advertising and direct client advertising revenue across our EMEA markets and ensure advertising activity on the website/device is applied correctly to achieve the best possible results.
Are you excited about making great deals and driving results? Are you charismatic with an ability to cross collaborate and build excellent relationships? Are you motivated with a strong desire to win? If you are curious, self-driven and understand the impact of a highly successful sales strategy then this could be the place for you.
What you can expect as an Advertising Sales Manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* The opportunity to to develop and execute advertising plans that position Skyscanner as a strategic partner
* A place where you will nurture and developing existing clients, maintain strong existing relationships, as well as proactively pursuing and securing new business
What we are looking for
* Previous job experience as an Advertising Sales Manager in generating new business sales with both agency and clients across EMEA and good understanding of big players in this market
* An excellent understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, including knowledge of ad networks, ad exchanges, re-targeting, RTB, DSP’s and trading desk
* Strong analytical skills when sourcing & compiling campaign/industry for both internal and external use
* Well-connected across online travel agencies and airline clients is an advantage
* Mobile & Native advertising knowledge and experience
* Proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution-selling experience
* You will identify key decision makers within airlines and agencies for online and mobile advertising, developing strong relationships with them
* You will be responsible for generating incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional advertising opportunities, multi-market solutions and long term commitments
* You will play a leading role in contributing to the on-going definition and refinement of market and channel specific sales strategies, implementing plans underpinning delivery of those strategies, continuing evolution of our products and commercial propositions
* You will be analytical and understand the importance of monitoring relevant performance metrics and efficiently managing campaigns to focus on activities that grow revenue, ensuring client satisfaction
* As a fun, charismatic, people person you will thrive in coordinating with other functional and support areas, including campaign delivery, sales, operations, product development and billing
* You will attend agency/client meetings when required and representing the business at external events
* Naturally curious: You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to sell Skyscanner. An appreciation of an international and technology oriented business environment
* Fluency in English, another European language would be beneficial but not a must
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Edinburgh -
Our Headquarters office is situated in the beautiful city of Edinburgh where the company was founded. An office which boasts an aircraft wing as its reception desk, in flight seating which double as massage chairs and many spaces to be creative and take time out to catch some headspace. Situated near the Meadows park in the midst of a thriving start up and tech community, it’s the home of many of our Product Engineering and Growth tribes and with space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 60 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.