NAI is currently seeking an experienced AOCC Officer who will be based in Dublin, Ireland. Reporting to the AOCC Manager, the duties and responsibilities of an AOCC Officer shall include and not be limited to:
• To provide support, control, and manage NAI's flight operation activities.
• Keep an accurate and continuous crew watch.
• To take action as necessary in event of technical problems and/or weather conditions causing over-flying cancellations or re-routings.
• To ensure that the AOCC achieves operational integrity of the schedule, full legal compliance within the operation and ensuring sound economic decision making processes are employed.
• To follow robust operating procedures thereby reducing the possibility of an aircraft accident and mitigating disruption impacts.
• Ensure through oversight that NAI's partners deliver services which meet the criteria and standards as defined under agreements for contracted activities.
• Ensure that NAI's people, assets, systems and procedures operate as approved under the AOC.
• Manage and ensure continuous flight-watch is carried out effectively to provide the best possible assistance in case of any deviation or diversion from NAI's normal operational plan.
• Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships will all relevant departments (including but not limited to Flight Operations, Cabin Crew, Catering, Cargo, Ground Services, Technical, ATC, and the Chief Pilot)
• To communicate promptly and efficiently with all relevant internal and external partners.
• To participate in performance meetings and to correct any operational problems while providing feedback to help optimize the schedule, the relevant ACAs and prevent recurrent delays
• Comply with all applicable business and industry specific legislative/regulatory requirements.
• Monitor the crew duty system and to ensure all NAI crew operate as per FTLs.
• Operational experience in a within a short and long haul environment
• Previous experience in working remotely.
• Flight Dispatcher License or previous experience in an airline with Network Operations / OCC.
• Fully conversant with Operations Control, Aircraft Planning, Flight Time Limitations, Crew Legalities, Operational systems, Slot/Scheduling Management, Flight Planning (Fuel and ATC), fleet configuration, payload capacity and flying times, Airport Operations, etc.
• Knowledgeable on / literate with IT systems relevant to airline operations.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Ability to quickly analyse the impact of aviation and geo-political events and decide a course of action.
• To work shift pattern at unsocial hours
• Comfortable taking and accepting responsibility
• Proven self-starter and able to work under intensive time pressures
• Safety Management System competency is beneficial
• Media savvy and technology astute
Before you start, there are a few things that we need from you. You must have a good level of English, both written and spoken, an EU passport and a reasonable level of computer literacy. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organisation, then we want to hear from you! Please apply via the Norwegian website.