3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies With over $55B receivables purchased annually and $10B of serviced assets at year end 2012, WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 12 locations globally. WCS is part of GE Capital EMEA - one of Europe’s largest commercial and consumer lenders with more than five million customers and operations in 19 countries.
WCS is committed to global diversity by employing the brightest minds in the world to help us create limitless ideas and solve tough challenges. We provide employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Our achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and improve - and together, we all rise.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Join a culture of teamwork and imagination that facilitates customer-focused problem-resolution. Significant growth opportunities exist for an experienced high calibre graduate or credit professional to join GE Working Capital Solutions. This position offers international exposure within GE Commercial Finance and across the GE Industrial businesses and functions, which provides an ambitious candidate in this role with opportunities to develop a career.
* Resolve customer receivable issues, disputes, and/or claims with Customer Service and Commercial colleagues by collecting, analysing, and reviewing client data.
* Resolve customer enquiries promptly & accurately, by understanding customer market & needs.
* Proactively contact customers for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables, by regularly collecting & analysing customer data.
* Have a controllership overview of the dunning cycle/letters.
* Validate that reports meet GE's risk & financial requirements.
* Coordinate Payment Plan proposals, pre-bankruptcy and pre-receivership recoveries, once approved by the risk department.
* There may be an opportunity to take part in special projects, for those interested in personal / professional development opportunities.
* Accomplish all your responsibilities in line with GE's compliance and integrity requirements.
* Business School Degree or qualification (MBO, HBO, Modern Businesss Administration, FachHochschule or equivalent knowledge & experience)
* Some year directly related experience to cash collection or customer service, ideally in a multinational environment.
* Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
* Target driven.
* Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
* Demonstrated effective cash collection skills, with detail orientation.
* Proven Financial Analysis Skills.
* Fluent English and Norwegian, Swedish or Danish required (written & verbal).
* Ability to be pro-active and to think “outside the box”.
* Excellent proven interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused.
* Cultural Awareness in a diverse and international environment
* Thirst for learning!
* MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN the UK WITHOUT RESTRICTION
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Factoring, Trade Finance knowledge and experience a plus.
Locations: United Kingdom; Sale
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.