Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Job Title: Materials & Process Engineer
Date Required: Immediate
Clearance Level Required: BPSS Baseline Personnel Security Standard
Contract Length: Six Months
Pay: Circa £27 per hour
Basic Hours: 37 Shift Allowance:
Providing materials, mechanical parts and processes engineering support to the various business unit projects as required. Contributing to the Materials and Processes team mission, assuring the quality of materials and processes used in the company's products. This role reports to the respective site Materials Engineering Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To provide a support as a technical authority for material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances to internal and external customers alike.
- Act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project or product teams, acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
- Interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure that all materials and processes are fully approved within project timescales and with respect to customer quality requirements.
- To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
- To prepare declared materials and processes lists, ensuring that all qualifications for both materials and processes have been achieved by the Critical Design Reviews.
- Actively participate in transnational meetings to drive the standardisation of process links between sited.
- Develop a position as the main technical interface with ESA for review and development of component mounting standards.
- To review and approve, where necessary, supplier or subcontractor materials and processes documentation.
- To monitor the technical performance of suppliers and subcontractors participating in audits as required.
- To provide training and assist in the development of other members of the department.
- Materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, micro-joining techniques, printed circuit boards, welding, metal finishing, metallurgy, paints, coatings and adhesives. Good working knowledge of failure analysis techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability.
- Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment, ideally Aerospace or Defence (minimum of 3 - 5 years).
- Multidisciplinary team working.
- Transnational awareness.
- Appreciation of audits and continuous improvement.
- Awareness of health and safety, environment and COSHH.
- National and international travel.
Materials Engineer at graduate level with wide knowledge of metals and non-metals.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency